Day 2 in San Antonio was spent at Six Flags!!! What a fun place!! Trish & I could have lived on the roller coasters! After a few rides of Mike & Chad taking turns watching Chase (Trish & I never volunteered) we saw a lady doing the "baby swap" so we decided to follow along, we just took Chase with us and Chad & I would ride 1st, while Trish & Mike held Chase & then we switched right after the ride so we didn't have to wait 2 whole turns in line!!! Bring on Superman!!
This is one of those things I totally made fun of before I had my own kid & now I'm eating my words because we LOVED the back-pack leash, & luckily so did Chase!! He would hug & kiss his little dog whenever he took it off. He was too wrapped up in pushing the stroller that day that we ended up ditching the stroller the whole day we were in the park!!!
How can you eat at an amusement park without a turkey leg? Chase really liked it!!
Michael got a great shot of Trish & I on the 1st free-fall of the 'Boomerang'...pretty nice shot I'd say!!!
Our future Superman rider!!!
Day 3 of San Antonio we spent downtown at the Alamo & the Riverwalk!! What a pretty place & you have no idea how humid it was that day!!! Yes, that is Chase picking his nose as if to say "Boring!" He was in no mood for museams.
This caught Chase's attention, staring into a cannon! I think he is trying to talk to somebody out there...
After the Alamo we went to the Wax Museum, where Trish & I were told we were on Oprah's favorite things...Sara that's for you!
Next to the wax musuem was 'Ripley's Believe it or Not' This I thought was especially cool-Huge tires that go on huge work trucks. This is exactly the size of the trucks they use in Elko for the gold mines....1 tire equals like 80 regular tires or something like that....yes Chase is sitting inside of it!!! Those things are massive!!
A very cute & famous bridge over the riverwalk (I think Mom & Dad had their picture taken there also). I'm saving the picture that has the water in it for our Christmas card~bet you can't wait!

What's Texas without a tree made from deer horns? I actually thought it was pretty cool & the Bass Pro Shop gives Cabela's a run for their money!!!
The rest of the trip we went from eating Rudy's BBQ & Bluebell Ice-cream to playing, I mean touring through ROCK BAND!!! We are serious jammers!!! The picures don't tell you how hard we were laughing and how many unison bonus's we had!!! I highly recommend joining
Even Chase found the rocker in him!!! Until he threw the drumsticks at the TV !

Chase spent 2 days alone with Aunt Trish & Uncle Mike where he swam, went to the park and I'm afraid had band practice without us. He loved the water, but it was a little on the cold side so he never got past the first 2 steps.
Chase spent 2 days alone with Aunt Trish & Uncle Mike where he swam, went to the park and I'm afraid had band practice without us. He loved the water, but it was a little on the cold side so he never got past the first 2 steps.
Our Grand Finale evening in Texas was spent at a Brad Paisley concert!! Chuck Wicks & Jewel opened for him & it was a very very good concert!!! Brad (aka Chad, I think he's a look-a-like) is very very talented!!! Not only does he seriously rock out on his guitar solos, but he also did the animation for the visual effects too!!

When you see a deer you see Bambi....& I see antlers up on the wall
Chase the photographer...he is in such a copy-cat mode right now, we really have to be careful what we do and say...luckily this time it was only..."cheez"!!!
This is how Chase spent most of the concert, dumping out his treats and sitting on them!! He sure was good considering all the 'adult' things we did on this vacation!! Chad kept saying "you just don't take 1 year olds here"...very true...
By the way we did go to 10 hours of dental classes we needed, and in the exhibitor's hall where they have products & demos, there was Deon Sanders & Michael Irvin signing footballs. You had to purchase 20 boxes of gloves to get a football, and you couldn't just buy a football so there were people surrounding them just taking pictures. Pretty cool!!!
All in all our trip was a BLAST!!! Chad said 'a good time was had by all'!!! Thanks to Trish & Mike for all the yummy meals, homemade & at the authentic texan places we were hoping to experience!! If it wasn't Rudy's it was a home cooked breakfast feast that would put Denny's to shame!!! We all gained about 10 lbs, even Chase packed 3-4 on in a week! It was so hard to leave, not only the nice comfortable weather, but the great lil' sis I have!!! Now if only Mike's job could transfer him to Honolulu Hawaii for next years ADA convention!!!!
7 comments:
too bad the band had to break up! stupid living in different states! hmmm maybe we'll just go to hawaii with you (like tahoe) hahahaha!! WE MISS YOU!!!
So you liked SA more than Lubbock? LOL! At least Lubbock had a Ruby's. If only Texas and Oregon could trade places!!
Where do I begin? There were so many fun pictures to look at, I feel like I was on vacation with you. HOWEVER, I cannot get past the leash. You did not put Chase in a harness--no way! Do you hit him in public too? You have no idea the damage you have done. Can I just say DCFS. I loved the Oprah shot the second I saw it. In fact, Jason watched Oprah the other day with me when she shared her favorite electronic device. His words to the woman crying, "You are freaking kidding me."
Oh the leash worked like a charm....and he loved it!! No harm done, well worth the $7 investment!!!
Please tell me you've seen the Mike Myers SNL when he is wearing a harness? It is the best. You need to rent it if you haven't seen it. Sara's comment made me think of it. Oh you guys look like you had so much fun. Wow, Mike and Trish really deliver. They better start workin' on our trip details.....sounds like it takes months to prepare such awesomeness! How fun!!!!!!!!
PS It was great to see ya....even if it was only for a minute!
Love the pictures! I'm so glad you had a fun trip!
I love that Chase is picking his nose in your family pic. Is he your kid or what?!
Post a Comment