Saturday, October 11, 2008

San Antonio Baby!!!


To start off-I started a blog when Trish & Mike moved to San Antonio to be able to keep in touch with them so far away. That was in January. So my much more technologically advanced sister is giving me a live how-to when 8 months later we came to visit. I promise to post again before another 8 months go by...

Chad & I have a dental seminar in San Antonio, so we decided to come a week early and spent some time with our favorite Aunt Trish & Uncle Mike!! We spent our 1st day in San Antonio at Sea World!! Chase was ready for a nap before we left and didn't sleep a wink until we were leaving the park...when this picture was taken. He was done!








Who goes to Sea World without seeing Shamu? You're just glad I spared you the "Believe" speech that was almost nauseating. Dreams really can come true....yaddy yaddy yaddy





We should have taken a picture of all the cool divers, but the dolphins are always a hit!!!



The highlight of our trip to Sea World was Tricia's friend Valerie, she is a trainer who works with the Beluga whales. So we got a sneek peek "back stage" to get up close and personal with the albino whales. These million dollar mammals eat 40-60 lbs of fish every day!!!



Believe it or not even whales have bad breath. 'Luna' would blow on you when pet her & well they eat fish all day so you can only imagine!! What an awesome rare experience!! We are having a blast here in TEXAS & putting our dent in the BlueBell ice-cream. So far (we've been here 30 hours) and have eaten 2 gallons!! More to come later!!!

10 comments:

Just Us said...

Fun, fun! I used to want to be a dolphin trainer. I think every kid has to have that desire at some point. I hope to see more of your blog. I sure enjoyed you down in St. George! I miss you tons. Hope to see you sooner than later!
Janae

ben and nat said...

Welcome to the blogging world, it is about time. We got a good laugh on your comment about the dream/believe speech. Did you chant "Shamu Shamu" and wave your hands? What about going on the Steel Eal? Eat some Blue Bell for us!!!! Man we miss Texas!

Dayna said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited I get to see my cute lil' Chase more often now that he'll by in the bloggin' world!!! Yeah!!!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go Melissa! This is going to be great I can see it all ready! Now, you just have to keep us updated so that we can watch Chase grow!

Lisa said...

One by one all of my siblings have blogs--I don't feel any pressure. Very cute though. We are hoping for the same sort of SanAntonio hospitality when we arrive next month.

tjandash said...

Yeah!! Can I put in a couple requests for the marrott family blog. I would love a virtual tour of your home and maybe if you could get a picture with Brad at the concert that would be sweet! I am so jealous! And my favortie blue bell suggestion for you-candy jar! Mmmmmmmmm!

The Cushing Family said...

Yea...you joined the blogging world! I cannot believe how long it's been since I have seen Chase. He is so grown up and SOOOO cute! I can't believe that Bryce and Chad haven't met. That is sad. Hope to see you at Grandma's Party. Enjoy Texas!

Julie said...

Yea! You did it! I'm so proud of you... Love the pictures... keep 'em comin!

Anonymous said...

So I guess now isn't the time to tell you that my uncle (freelance writer) actually wrote the Believe speech! Sorry you didn't like it :-) hahaha, just kidding. I love the blog. Way to go Trish, and Melis of course. You look like you're having waaaaay too much fun there in Texas. Wish we could be there with ya'll to play.

Tricia and Michael said...

I just want to say Chad your handle bar mustache is amazing and quite literally is probably the coolest thing ever! Chuck Norris would be proud of you!