Sunday, September 12, 2010

Preschool & the Elko County Fair

This was our first year going to the fair. The Elko County Fair is always Labor Day weekend, which is a 4 day weekend we usually take advantage of. So we took a little break from the fence project to go play with the local lowlifes. (I'm teasing but fairs usually do bring out the best people watching experiences....like high heels & jeans???) Chase has been talking a lot about ferris wheels lately...no clue why...so this was the 1st ride he wanted to go on.

There were tons of animals to see. This is our friend Courtney who actually bought a rabbit. And she was the softest thing I have ever felt.....pretty sure Bear would destroy her in about 2 seconds. A lot of people do 4H here so we saw our fill of horses, cows, chickens, goats, rabbits & sheep.

Who can resist the merry go round? We had no idea that the parent rode free so we ended up giving 1/2 our tickets to a lucky someone in the 1/4 mile line.

So normally they pack them in like sardines in this ride but the seat belt strap broke so Chase got to ride alone :)

My little preschooler! Chase was kind of excited for preschool until the actual day. He knew I was going to leave him and he was NOT okay with that...As he bawled & kicked & screamed as I left I told the teacher we just have to rip the bandaid off & I left crying myself the whole way to work. He is such a sensitive child, and being shy doesn't help matters. I know this is the best place for him to be right now and that being an only child-he needs social interaction. So I told myself if he cries everyday for a whole month then I will wait another year. Gratefully it only took him 1 week! By day 4 he was waving goodbye and talking all about his new preschool friends!!! Phew!

Chase smiling at his 1st homework project. I am so happy this school gives him little things to do or bring to his school. This has really helped him get excited to go back again and again and again. This is his "All About Me" poster. He placed all the stickers himself (if you can't tell in his name :) ) I'm sure in a few years he will not be smiling at doing homework but for now Thank You Cuddlebug teachers!

Incase you can't tell, Chase loves camping, big monster trucks, work trucks, trains, his daddy & hunting, his dog Bear, his Papa & cousins, his family, fishing & riding his bike. I forgot about any favorite foods which can change any day, but the for sure thing you can always count on him being excited about is FRUIT of any kind, cheetos & chocolate milk! You are so special Chase & we love you a million billion zillion!!!

5 comments:

Shaun Wright said...

haha i love how people watching is so popular in our family :) hard to believe he is in preschool!

Tricia and Michael said...

so adorable, I've been dying to see the poster even though I could have guessed what was on it. Everytime I see chocolate 'balls' i think of Chase! I love the look on his face when he's holding up the fish too! - I think the name looks great!! I can't even put stickers on in a straight line so I always 'stagger' letter too, good job Chase!

The last pic I saw of Bear was like a year ago and he doesn't look a thing like I remembered!! He has long hair! wha??

And, You know I love hearing about a good Elko City event. thats all.

Jen said...

How fun! Your kids are SO cute! It's great reading your blog, I guess it helps us keep in touch a bit, uh?

JR said...

Every night Brenner asks if its time for the carnival yet. I don't want to go to the carnival so I tell him every night that the carnival doesn't come to Phoenix, I am a mean parent.

JR

The Cushing Family said...

It's so hard to leave kids at preschool as it is. I can't imagine leaving them crying. Sometimes it just isn't fun being a mom!!! I am starting to realize this more and more now that Carter is in school all day. It is hard to watch them go. I'm especially glad Chase is enjoying it now. He is such a cutie! He has a smile to die for. Keep posting! I love your pictures!