Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy #4 Mr. Chase

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY CHASE
Chase had a wonderful birthday that seemed to last a week rather than a day (that is kind of my unwritten rule...) We are sooo happy & grateful Chase chose to come to our family & don't know what we would do without his sweet personality in our home. He is so caring & loving, & melts my heart every time he smiles. I tell him almost every day I'm going to quit feeding him so he will STOP growing up on me! :) But he promises he will still love me when he gets older...can I get that in writing with blood?

Chase wanted to have his birthday party with his cousins in Utah at Pirate Island. He was counting down they days to his birthday & the days until his party...he was surrounded by loved ones that share his same taste in rip off games for cheap crap. But they all had lots of tickets and won plenty of prizes so I guess it was a hit!




Don't ask me how long this took to make, but Uncle Shaun & I must sure love this little birthday boy to spend all day decorating something that would be devoured in 10 mins. He was so excited and all the cousins playing in & out of the house all day were pretty excited to help eat his cake & share this special day with our little Chase :) And yes, it was homemade and we were very proud of it :)


Chase got to pick where he got to go to dinner...besides McDonalds he loves to go to the popcorn place (wingers) and had a free kids meal for his birthday. When they asked him if he wanted them to bring out the hat & sing & do the whole song & dance he immediately nodded....he was so excited until a few minutes later he & his dad both had severe remorse when they heard them start singing & clapping from the kitchen. He didn't want to wear the hat (how many people have worn that nasty thing anyway) and he basically hid behind ME the whole song. Atleast I got to eat the free dessert :)


We had a few friends over to celebrate by decorating cupcakes

The birthday hat they get to wear at school



How can you play baseball without a mitt mom? Because I'm waiting to give it to you for your birthday. We signed him up for T-ball recently and he was hoping he could play that day. For months whenever you asked Chase what he wanted for his birthday he would say, "a new piggy bank" What 4 yr old puts that 1st on his wishlist??




It was Chase's special "Day to Shine" at school so I of course hung out with him the whole day. He got to bring his favorite treat (chocolate chip cookies) his favorite toy (Bakugans, which btw was an early bday present from cousins), his favorite book (Jack's House), pictures of his family & a special pet, which of course he had to bring Buster & he was of course a hit! :)





How could it be a bad day when his face started out like this? And yes it was 6:00 a.m. before Dad left for work. He really really really didn't want to wait any longer until he opened his presents :)

5 comments:

Shaun Wright said...

Would I do it again?? YES. So much fun to see the kids play and get excited

Tricia and Michael said...

I love that he'll be doing T-ball, and I love that I really did promt you to blog, and I love the look on his face with that nasty bird hat on and I love his cake.
Happy Happy Birthday Mr Chase indeed.

Anonymous said...

Carson and Brenner were sure excited to see his cute face (bruised face) around his birthday in sunny SG. They are hoping to have a Bakugan battle the next time they see him! Hahaha, he probably hates those things, but to my boys they are gold. Anyway, He is so dang cute. Great lookin cake too!!!!

tjandash said...

I'm so impressed w the cake!! I did a batman cake for Tayt and it turned out awful!!! I need to start giving them a choice of just chocolate or white frosting...none of this fancy stuff! Happy birthday Chase! 4! That's crazy!

tjandash said...

Just checking to see if you posted pictures of your new little guy:) Can't wait to see him.