Thursday, February 12, 2009

Winter Wonderland

For my Texan, Californian, St. Georgian friends and family that are missing out on the beautiful snow....this post is for you!!! If only I could call in sick and play in the snow with Chase, he is loving eating the snow!!! He will follow Chad around and eat the snow off his pants & shoes-! I really really love fresh snow! I think it is the most gorgeous looking of all seasons! Emphasis on fresh snow...after a few days of snow plows pushing blackened snow on to the sides of the road and it freezing there at -2...I'm back to wanting fresh powder again. I haven't skiied in several years, but after 15 inches on Monday I am really getting the urge!!
This is the view out our back windows, the ruby mountains are some of the most rugged terrain of mountains, I've heard people say they should have been part of the rocky's. Kind of odd they are in the middle of flat nevada? We love being so close to them!!! Now who can argue with this scenery?

5 comments:

Tricia and Michael said...

I'll give you that fresh snow IS beautiful . . . but the 83 degrees that was yesturday was pretty nice too!! I'll look at your snow and live in my sunshine - how's that? Although we did have golf sized hail the other day. THAT was crazy.

Marrott Family said...

I forgot to mention my Arizonian family also.....thats what I get for blogging late at night!!!

The Cushing Family said...

Oh man...no wonder Chad is out hunting all the time! You guys are living Bryce's dream!

By the way...your hair looks so pretty! Did it kill you to cut that much off? I love it!

Lisa said...

Your view is absolutely beautiful and even better in person. I look forward to bringing Byron there somtime to see it. He will love it to. I like fresh snow too as long as I don't have to drive in it!! 15 inches--wow!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, us Arizonian's fit the bill.......80's, sunshine, and NO snow. We are glad we are able to visit it though, because it truly is beautiful! Let me repeat: Visit...not live in! I'm too big a wimp. PS The haircut looks so cute. Or maybe it's the kid......it's both. Give him a hug from the AZ cousins.